Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Google
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Banner design by Helena, portrait by Eva

VisitSeoul.net

Government Website. READ MY REVIEWS! SEE MY PHOTOS! WHY SEOUL?

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Date of Departure. I have my ticket!

Tomorrow morning I'll be taking a bus to Montreal to say goodbye to friends and my boyfriend of three years. I've been toting a disposible camera so even my last days in Canada will be documented.

In Montreal, I'm meeting with a South Korean: my old roomie, Hwan, who wants to lend cultural advice and introduce me to an expatriate from Suwon, South Korea.

Hwan has already advised me...

- to bow when meeting superiors
- to refrain from dying my hair a shocking color
- to scrap the French Canadian kiss on the cheek thing (people might get the wrong idea)
- to bring tampons if I don't want to buy them on the black market for 15 bucks
- to bring bedsheets because most Koreans don't sleep in a bed
- to accept the idea that I will have to give into cell phone mania; most koreans have at least 2 cell phones!
- to wait to buy a digital camera because Suwon is the "home" of Samsung

No comments: